Thursday, August 30, 2007

Over and done... Maybe...

I've spent nigh on the last week buried in the Song of Songs, Chapter 1, and while I found it intriguing, I'm glad to know that it's over - maybe. In a fairly typical, flaky move I misread the time the test was due by three hours. Thankfully, a classmate asked me about it around 9, when it was due. I had the paper in by 9:25 (though the sermon outline wasn't nearly as formed as I would have preferred), and my proctor had me staple a note to the front telling them what time I handed it in. So, either they reject it and I fail, and they accept it, and I still may either fail or pass. I feel good about Exegetical questions, but the sermon outline still needed alot of work. I guess I'll find out the verdict on Oct 22. At least it was an intriguing text...

I'm looking forward to the semester that's looming ahead. My classes are looking to be quite fascinating, and I've got an internship in our denomination's national offices working as support staff to 10 advocacy networks, collectively known as "Presbyterian Health, Education, and Welfare Assocation." I'll be swamped in issues regarding community transformation, reproductive option, mental health issues, child advocacy, domestic violence - all sorts of social issues the church needs to be addressing. This should prove to be exciting work.

Right now, I'm glad to be done with ords, at least until January. I'm fairly certain I passed everything but Exegesis. I hope all is well in your respective worlds. Take care.

Amy

1 comment:

Aric Clark said...

I certainly hope you pass them all. I hope they don't make a fuss about 25 minutes. It's not like that provided you an enormous advantage over the folks who got it in on time.

Cheers!