Thursday, May 17, 2007

Surprise! You're Published!

Conversation at lunch yesterday:

Becky: I got Horizons Magazine yesterday, and read your article!

Amy: What article is that?

Becky: The one on No More Deaths.

Amy: They published that in Horizons?!


So... The news is... Horizons adapted a resource I wrote for Presbyterian Women's Justice and Peace committee into an article for their magazine... With a circulation of about 45,000... The issue arrived in mailboxes Tuesday, and hasn't yet been put online. I'm still rather surprised - shocked - excited - all rolled into one. As they didn't tell me they were adapting it beforehand (or if they did, I skipped reading the memo), I was rather bemused for a good portion of the day yesterday, but it's still quite thrilling. I've written for the magazine before, and am currently working on a book review for the October issue, but, beforehand, I've always known I was writing for publication before it was sent in. Golly, what a week!

3 comments:

Sandalstraps said...

Congratulations!

espressophile said...

Am I the only one smelling copyright infringment?

WgeeLinks said...

We get tried to feature every possible thought of cleaning your current carpet plus your carpet seems to be new yet again. No matter what number of tips many of us bring that you can clean your current carpet, you will certainly forget all for those who have a pour. We have a very quick reference to aid you. Carpet Cleaning Tips