Saturday, February 19, 2005

Yesterday, when I arrived home after toiling away at the phones until 8 pm, an envelope was waiting for me on our dining room table. My roommate, Kelsey, had left it there to greet me as she went out and enjoyed her Friday night. This is a rather normal occurrence, and normally wouldn't be worth noting, except that it was one of the large, official looking envelopes, and the return address was Louisville Seminary.
Immediately, my heart started pounding. I saw the next three years of my life potentially decided by what was contained in that envelope. I knew the admissions committee at the seminary had been meeting this very week. Could they have come to a decision so early? In trepidation, I opened the envelope to find....
A housing application. Oh well - I guess this dress rehearsal for next week helped me prepare for the affect, right?

1 comment:

The Rev. Scott Petersen said...

Very cool. Welcome back. My comment has nothing to do with what you wrote. I just wanted to let you know it was exciting to see your comment. We would have gone on with out you but it feels very right that you've joined us again. I'm sure others will feel the same. Do you want me to link your blog on Hidden Things?